Back to NPCA NPCA is the independent, nonpartisan voice working to protect America's favorite places.
Increase Font Decrease Font

Related Links


Gift illustration


Complete gift description


Is this gift for you?


Who should trustee?


Additional Planning Tips


Gift example



Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
(Is this gift for you?)

A charitable remainder unitrust is for you if ...

  • You want to make a major gift to National Parks Conservation Association while retaining or increasing your income from the assets you contribute.
  • You hold appreciated assets -- securities, a business, or investment real estate -- and want to avoid the capital gains cost of a sale.
  • You want the income from your gift to be able to grow over time.
  • You desire maximum flexibility in the operation of your gift:
    • You want income paid to your beneficiary for a term of years instead of their lifetime.
    • You want income to go to more than one beneficiary.
    • You want the option of choosing the trustees of your gift plan.
    • You want to donate an appreciating but temporarily illiquid asset to NPCA.

For more information

Email us, complete the personal illustration form, or call us toll free at 1.877.468.5775 so that we can assist you through every step of the process.